What Causes to Windows Load Slowly
Computers are automated electronic machines which perform arithmetic and logical operations. But these days’ computers are also used for various other purposes such as media streaming, business transactions and etc. Computers are machines. So their lifetime depends on the amount of usage and maintenance. There are various possible problems which could occur in a computer. It may be either software or hardware related. But there are solutions for these problems.
Are you a Windows user? Windows didn’t have the impressive GUI in the earlier stages but when Vista and Windows 7 arrived it changed. Windows XP was criticized for its lack in security features. But it was the widely used operating system whole over the world. Windows was designed to give the users a new experience. As we say every coin has two sides. Similarly Windows had its own advantages and disadvantages. But why do we have to worry when there are relevant solutions for these problems?
Windows loading slowly is a common problem for every XP user. There are various reasons for this problem. Feel lucky if your computer startup time takes between 3-5 minutes. There are users who sit and stare at their PCs for more than 10 minutes until it boots up.
- Do changes in your BIOS (Basic Input Output system). “BIOS” is the first program which is loaded during the booting process.
- Change settings in the boot menu. Type “msconfig” in the run command box. Go to the boot tab. And change the timeout from 30 to 5 seconds.
- In the same msconfig window switch to startup tab. Uncheck the programs which you don’t wish to launch while booting. Uncheck options such as media players and updates.
- Repair your Windows XP’s registry. The registry is a program which collects and stores information about our computer activities. Download a registry cleaner and clean your registry. But don’t forget to back up your registry before doing this cleanup process.
- Use the Disk cleanup utility to remove unwanted software and files from your hard disk
Do Windows load slow then contact 247techies immediately? We are world’s best technicians. We offer our services for an annual subscription fee. Don’t hesitate to call us. Help is on the way.