How to Share Files between Two Computers Using LAN
What is a computer network? A computer network is an interconnection of computers which are connected with the help of physical devices in order to share information and resources. Computer networks are useful in many ways. It makes sharing easy and reduces the time consumption for resource sharing. Imagine if there are no networks we will have to carry all the hard copies of our files whenever we need to share them. Isn’t it horrible? Most of the organizations have LAN networks these days which help to share files within the organization. This consumes less time and it allows the employees to concentrate on their work.
Creating a computer network will have to be done by following several steps. If you are a computer expert you can do it by yourself. But if you aren’t then you should better call a professional technician to do the tech job for you.
Do you know what LAN is?
LAN is the abbreviation for Local Area Network. This is a network type which can be used within an organization or a certain geographical area such as an office and school. Wi-Fi and Ethernet over twister paired cabling are the modern technologies used in LAN networks.
How to create a file share server (LAN) in Microsoft Network?
- Go to the control panel and select system. Give your computer a name so it can be recognized among the network users.
- Note the workgroup because both of the computers should be in the same Work group.
- Next you have to create a folder in the C: drive. This folder will work as the file server for both of the computers.
- Name the folder
- Right click and select Sharing and security (Not for Windows 7). In Windows 7 right click on the folder and select “Share with” and specify the other computer’s name.
- After setting the permission levels now you have to do some work in the client side.
- In the client computer you have to Map network drives
If you need more assistance on sharing file with pc within a LAN network then contact 247techies immediately. 247techies are world’s best technicians. We provide an ultimate tech support service. Call us immediately to enjoy our outstanding customer service. Choose 247techies as your tech support providers and feel the change. Don’t hesitate to call us. We are just a phone call away.