Tips to Solve Outlook 2010 Failing Connect To Mail Server Problem
Are you having a computer problem? That computer must be repaired immediately or you will have to face several other tech problems continuously. Tech problems aren’t meant to happen; they aren’t decided. They occur eventually due to improper care, lack of maintenance and several other environmental factors. A computer has two main parts. They are software and hardware. Both of these should cope with each other. If either of these fails to operate then there will be malfunctions. And especially if your application software doesn’t work properly you won’t be able to do your routine work properly.
Are you using a desktop e-mail client? What operating system are you using? There are desktop e-mail client software such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Apple Mail (Mac Operating System) and etc. Each of this software has its own configuration methods and features. Amongst this software Mozilla Thunderbird is a free and open source application. Most of the Microsoft products are neither free nor open source.
What desktop client software are you using? Is it Microsoft Outlook 2010? Microsoft Outlook 2010 is the latest version. This software has its own pros and cons. There are some error messages which incidentally occur in Outlook 2010. Unable to connect to the mail server is a problem notified by many Microsoft Outlook 2010. How can you solve this problem? There is nothing to be scared because this problem has a solution.
The best option is to delete your old account and add the same domain again.
- Go to File
- Click Account Settings
- Select the account which you have to change
- In the upper part click Change
- Don’t forget to note down all the notes such as incoming server, outgoing server, User name, password and to go more settings and note down any special information and especially regarding the outgoing server
- Click cancel and the Window will close
- Again go to File
- Click Account settings
- Highlight the account you want to remove
- And select Remove (Don’t panic this will just delete your account info not your e-mails) and click Finish
- Again Go to file and then account settings
- Then add a new account
- Now add the same info of the account which you deleted
- Now after creating the account restart Outlook and check if your problem is solved
- Still if you have outlook 2010 connection failure please contact 247techies