How to Synchronize Google Apps and Outlook Express
Cloud computing is the latest talk of the Google. Google’s “Google Apps” work based on ‘cloud computing concept. This concept is about providing IT application services through the cloud or via the internet. Google says “Google Apps is our most basic messaging and collaboration solution”. Google apps are mostly suitable for business groups. And it can also be used by a group of friends or family members.
While considering Google Apps access features you don’t have to be in the office premises to access Google Apps. All you need is a device with internet connection so you will be able to access the services from anywhere even by using smart devices such as smart phones. You don’t have to maintain the infrastructure system because this is a web-based host solution. Cloud computing can also be referred as “software-as-a-service”.
Google Apps are delivered in various packages. Such as small business, medium business, enterprise business and a 30 day free trial. But even if it’s a 30 day free trial you have to register the domain for 10$. You will also have two payment plans such as annual plan and flexible plan.
You will be able to use Microsoft Outlook with the Google Apps instead of Microsoft Outlook with the Microsoft Exchange Server. Your organization will be able to receive all the advantages and economic advantages via Google App. While your employees or group members can continue using Microsoft Outlook with the same interface which they were already familiar. Your data will be automatically synchronized between the Google Apps and Microsoft Outlook.
So how can you synchronize Google Apps and Microsoft Outlook Express?
- Register your domain
- Purchase a Google Apps package based on your requirements
- Install “Google App Sync for Microsoft Outlook Plugin”
- Login by using the Google apps account username and password
- Hit the “Create profile” button to import the calendar, e-mail and contacts from Microsoft Outlook Exchange Server to Google Apps Server.
- Your Google Apps will be now setup
- Press “Continue to Outlook” button.
- Your company, home group or workgroup won’t need the Exchange server anymore.
- Microsoft Outlook synchronizes the data with Google Apps Server. It concurrently copies the data from your company’s exchange server.
- Hereafter you will be viewing your e-mail, contacts and calendar from the Google Apps Server.