Importing Old Contacts to New Email
Ancient days it is said that the people contacted with each other with help of “Pigeons”. Then came the method of sending “Messengers”. A few decades before the “Post-mail” was introduced and it became the most popular method of communication. After computers and Internet evolved within a few years E-mail (Electronic Mail) was introduced. Number of e-mail users inclined along with the increasing number of computer users.
What is E-mail and What does it do?
E-mail is a method of sending digital text messages to one or more recipients. This is done over a network or Internet.
- We can send text messages to people.
- Attach files such as Text file, Excel Sheets, Slide shows, Music files, Video clips and etc. Software which is lesser than 25MB can also be attached.
- These day e-mail clients also provide chat facilities / instant messaging
Most of the e-mail clients allow users to attach files which shouldn’t exceed 25 MB. G-mail, Yahoo mail and Hotmail are some free e-mail clients. Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express and Thunderbird are desktop e-mail clients. MS Outlook and Outlook Express should be purchased. But Thunder bird is free and open source.
If you wish to transfer your e-mail account to a new client there are some procedures to transfer your e-mail storage (E-mails, contacts and etc.) How will you import your old contacts to the new email account? Don’t worry! 247techies will provide you tech support for importing old contacts to new email.
- Import contacts from other mail accounts to G-mail
- Login to your Gmail account
- Go to Settings
- Click the Accounts and Import Tab
- Click import mail and contacts
- Provide the e-mail address from which you need the contacts to be imported
- Provide that account’s password
- And finally import your contacts
- Import contacts from other mail accounts to Yahoo Mail
- Click options
- Select Mail options
- Then click contact options on the left navigation pane
- Click Import/Export
- Select the application type which you want to import the contacts from the drop down box.
- Export your contact data from the e-mail account which you wish to transfer and save it in your PC
- Specify the file to import
- Click the “Import Now” button
Contact 247techies immediately to import or export your e-mail contacts.