How to Configure Google Apps for a Domain
Cloud computing is a new technology which most of the recent IT services are delivered. Even though several sources provide several definitions for cloud computing the common idea is based on “anything that involves in providing hosted services through the internet”. This cloud computing concept has been delivered into three main categories and they are Platform as a service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and Software as a service (SaaS).
Google Apps is a service offered by Google by using the cloud computing technology. If you have got this service you will be able to access this service wherever you have an internet connection. It is a 24/7 tech support service. So you can access it at any time too even with your smart devices.
So how will you configure Google Apps for a domain?
- Go to the Google Apps homepage
- Signup for one of the edition which suits you
- Enter the domain name which you wish to use with Google Apps
- If you don’t have a domain name you should purchase one (If you are purchasing a new domain name from Google then there is no need to do the following configuration steps.
- Next you have to verify your domain name
- On the main dashboard create new users. It will create new user accounts. This user name will be used by the users to login to Google apps and also as the domain for their e-mail address. Google app will automatically generate new passwords for each user account.
- Select e-mail instructions to make the users aware of the accounts and changes
- On your domain registrar change the ail Exchange records.
- There are also options to personalize the looks such as logo and color schemes.
How will you renew your Google App domain?
Your domain registration is valid for one year. So don’t forget to renew your domain. Use your Google checkout account to renew your Google App domain.
- Login to your personal Google administrator Control panel
- Select Domain Settings
- Then Select Domain Name
- Then select “Enable automatic renewals”
If you need help to configure your Google apps to a certain domain or renew your domain then contact 247techies immediately for online tech support. We will be at your service 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. 247techies promises you an outstanding tech support service.