Desktop Make Computer Slow
Computer’s desktop is just like a real world desktop where you use to keep commonly used items like pens, pencils, papers and any other stationaries that is used to get your day’s work done. In the case of Computer’s desktop it serves the same purpose but it is more like a file system where it gives easy access to the hard drive. In other words it behaves like an opened folder where it consist orderly organized icons, which show cabinets, files, folders, and various types of documents. But unlike the real world desktop you cannot overload it with many files. It’s the first to be loaded when a computer starts up. Therefore when you have more files in it, your computer becomes slower than before because it has to load everything that is in it. So speed up you performance or for best performance keep your desktop as free as possible. So how do we do it? Follow the steps given below.
How do you keep your desktop clean?
- When you startup a brand new computer your desktop usually has few items such as Recycle Bin, My Computer, and Internet Explorer. The rest us been kept in the startup menu.
- Temporary files can be saved in your desktop if only you know that you’ll be deleting them later or otherwise store them in a separate folder.
- If you must, 2 or 3 most used programs could save in your desktop is allowed.
- All documents should be stored in your My Document Folder.
- By creating shortcuts of the files that are useful and urgent you can access easily, where it won’t affect the speed of your computer operates.
- Never save photos, videos and music in your desktop, store them in their respective folders.
- The same thing applies to Windows Installer files in other words “.exe” files. Store them in the download folder or delete them if it is no longer in use.
- By deleting all unwanted files or storing them in an external drive for future use, you can free your memory space where this space can be used to speed up your performance.